What do you need to do?
Visit your dashboard if you need to…
- Record information about a violation of FMCSA’s drug and alcohol testing program by a CDL driver.
- Query the Clearinghouse for drug and alcohol program violation information.
- Consent to an employer’s request to view your Clearinghouse record or review your own driver record.
Welcome to the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
An online database that gives employers and government agencies real-time access to information about CDL driver drug and alcohol program violations.
- Find Answers to Commonly Asked Questions Read FAQs
- Download Resources and Job Aids Visit the Learning Center
- Learn About Purchasing Query Plans Get Pricing Info
- Get the Latest from FMCSA Sign Up for Email Updates
- Clearinghouse Activity Read Monthly Summary Reports
Clearinghouse-II Final Rule: CDL Downgrades
As required in the Clearinghouse-II final rule, beginning November 18, 2024, State Driver Licensing Agencies (SDLAs) must query the Clearinghouse before issuing, renewing, upgrading, or transferring CDLs and CLPs, and must review a driver’s information when notified by the Clearinghouse of a status change. SDLAs will be required to remove the CDL or CLP privilege from the driver's license of an individual subject to the CMV driving prohibition, which would result in a downgrade of the license until the driver complies with the return-to-duty (RTD) requirements. Read the second Clearinghouse final rule
How will you use the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse?
Watch this brief video to learn more about how different users will record or access information in the Clearinghouse.
Need more information about the Clearinghouse?
Read answers to frequently asked questions. If you need additional information, you can contact us.